When I packed my projects for our holiday, I rather optimistically included this wee cardigan for DD2. I had started it some months ago and did all of the body, but struck a problem with the sleeves. I tried magic looping them, and they looked awful. I tried them on flats, intending to seam them. Same result. Finally I got out my 30cm 4mm Addis and the end result is much more pleasing. And even better, despite a delay of around two months, it fits! I have promised the leftover cotton to a friend for a project, so was inspired to finish it before we headed back home.
This is an improvised knit, from melding a couple of patterns together – a basic top down raglan, with the lace pattern from Juliet by those lovely folk at Zephyr Style. I started with one pattern crunched some numbers to get a six month size, and made sure that the lace was even down the front – there are two repeats on each front and four on the back. When it came time to do the armholes I picked up six stitches for each arm, to avoid any unsightly holes. I knit this in the soft and lovely Bendigo Cotton (8ply) I bought a couple of years ago – I think this colour may have been deleted now, but it’s delightfully girly. (oh, and I made the dress too – just a simple pinafore in a cute paisley print, but that was done even before DD2 was born)
I finished it off with every baby’s favourite accessory – i-cords! Young DD2 just loves to chew on them. I figured they would withstand a bit of love better than a ribbon 😀
I think she seems pleased. Or maybe it was just chasing Mummy with the camera she liked 🙂