The lovely Amybel over at Knitting in my Backyarn tagged me with the request to tell thirteen things about myself. So, since I’ve got no FO’s to share with you (I’m in ribbing hell again – 3 inches of 1×1 ribbing with 320 stitches per round seems to take a long time for some reason. I do realise I should quit whining about ribbing or quit chosing patterns that have it…)
Okay, so 13 things about me:
1. I’m an optimist. DH quotes the saying “If life gives you lemons, make lemonade” at times. Imagine my pleasure at finding three blackening bananas on the kitchen bench of Saturday. I made tw0 and a half dozen banana choc chip muffins – yep, if life hands you blackened bananas, make banana muffins! DH tells me they were heading to the compost. Oh, the shame!
2. Most of my friends are people I met over the ‘net. Some of them I’ve not met IRL, many I have.
3. On the subject of friends, I had the same best friend from age 8-22 when we were flatting together. I’ve only seen her once since then. And I’ve not had a best friend since then either. It’s not that I’m a crap friend, honest (at least I don’t think so!)
4. I used to be a single mother.
5. I am a total punctuation Nazi. Ever read “Eats, Shoots and Leaves?” I found myself laughing out loud, agreeing, and then disagreeing because we do things differently here! There’s one restaurant in town with a sign outside advertising “Pizza’s” and “Pasta’s”. I think it was sent to torture me.
6. I read (part of a book) every single day.
7. I knit every single day.
8. I’m a cloth-nappy-using, tandem-extended-breastfeeding, vegetable-gardening, recycling, non-hippy freak.
9. I have some lovely new knitted-sock showing off shoes – must take a pic to show you all! Must finish knitting socks to go inside them too 🙂
10. DH and I live in a town without any of our relatives here – our parents are in a different island and about 10 hours driving away. I do have a sister 3 hours drive away though, and another one moving about the same distance away mid-year (Hi D!!)
11. I am studying part-time to finish my post-grad Dipolma in Arts majoring in English, which I should finish this year.
12. I am due back at work from maternity leave in January. Scary stuff – I’ve been at home full time for all but 3 months of the last 2 yrs 9 months.
13. I had six inches cut off my hair last week. For some reason I keep forgetting to go to the hairdresser. It isn’t until I realise I’ve not worn my hair down for a couple of months I realise it’s too long.
And that’s it from me!
I think I’m meant to tag other people too – *hate* that part – it reminds me of chain letters from when I was a kid. So, feel free to screw up the invite and pop it in the bin folks!