A few weeks ago I was stumped by the first installment of my Needlefood sock club yarn. I tried knitting it into a sock. The pooling drove me batty. I frogged it. And then looked at the yarn, waiting for it to tell me what it wanted to be.
And so that’s what it became. A Simple Thing.
I did one major modification in knitting this – the pattern calls for increases only on the right row (4 in total). I increased these 4, and also increased 2 stitches on the wrong side row, making a longer scarf to allow for wrapping more. This also made it shallower, and so I knit an extra set of the pattern repeat.
I have signed up for umpteen swaps many of which are due about now, so this is going to be rehomed in the near future 🙂 But I am glad that the yarn became something pretty before it left to find a new home.