I’ve been doing some small knitting projects, including some test knits.
First up was this Little Butterflies cardigan.
I have wanted to use up this yarn ever since I was given it in a swap late last year. But I hadn’t found the right project for it. Having checked the pattern quantities, I realised I would have *just* enough yarn. Little did I know that would mean I had approximately 20cm left after sewing in the ends and sewing on the buttons. Yardage chicken win for a change!
The yarn is Patons Merino DK, and it was hand dyed as part of a yarn swap last year. It is a lovely squooshy yarn, and was lovely to knit up. I’m sure Miss nearly 3 will enjoy wearing it over the winter. I tend to like short sleeves for preschool in case they dip their cuffs in paint etc, and she seems to be warm enough in it. That said, it is still officially autumn here, and the weather is still fairly mild for this time of year.
Next up: the world’s fastest project. Actually, thanks to two nights out in a row it took me three days – but less than 30 minutes knitting. Nearly developed withdrawal symptoms! Although, when we went out to dinner the other night, I did notice Laura knitting at the table. Clever, organised girl!
This one is a test knit, so I’ll let you know when it is released 🙂
And the final finished project for the week was another quicky. After my knitting drought of mid-week, I was rewarded with an unexpected day off work looking after a not-very-sick child. This is a test for Tikki 🙂
As with the headband, I’ll let you know when the pattern is released 🙂
And, before I leave you for today, I just had to post this cute photo which I found on my camera when I downloaded the knitting shots.
Good kitchen help can be hard to find… but this wee kitchen hand is happy with just a beater to lick as her reward 🙂