Archive for May, 2012

Giveaway Winners

Thanks so much to everyone for their lovely comments on the new pattern, the Stripy Stashbuster Vest,  I released yesterday.

Image

I drew the winners thanks to  random.org and have already sent the patterns off to the winners on Ravelry. Congratulations to:

SAHM

Eb/Blacknut

Sezzaknits

Khai

Lori Howlett

I hope to see some cute stripey vests in lots of different colours springing up on your Ravelry pages in the coming weeks!

Links don’t seem to be working on quickpost tonight, but you can see projects and purchase the pattern here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stripy-stashbuster-vest

Advertisements

New Pattern: Stripy Stashbuster Vest

I’ve just uploaded a new pattern for sale on Ravelry, a cute wee baby vest.  It’s an ideal project for a new baby: cute, easy to make, and can be made in any combination of yarn colours you choose: perfect for stashbusting those scrap yarns. I loved being able to pick up a selection of colours, lie them against each other and then just go for it.  I loved all three samples that I made, with the brown and orange one probably my favourite, as they are such an awesome combination for a wee boy.

I had such fun making this pattern, which is so super easy: knit from the top down, it is seamless, although you work the armholes back and forth so it’s not entirely in the round.

The pattern caters for these sizes:

Newborn – 15 inches/38cm 0-3 months – 15.5 inches/39.5cm 3 months – 16 inches/40.5cm 6 months – 17 inches/43cm

There is a little bit of positive ease built in, the amount of which increases as the size increases.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry, here.

OR, I’m in a giving mood, so, if you want to win one of five copies of the pattern, simply enter by making a comment below. You may get a second entry by linking to my blog on your own blog, or on your Twitter account or Facebook page. I’ll close off entries at 6pm Friday night NZ time – short and sweet. Please make sure that you leave a way for me to gift you the pattern too – a Ravelry name is perfect.

At our place: the garden

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image

Image

When we first moved into our new house in October last year, the gardens were rather weedy, not neglected exactly, just in need of some TLC. We’ve been busy trying to get them into some sort of shape since then – my mother spent a week solid weeding when we first got here, and we shifted a large number of things so I could claim the back garden for my blueberries, rhubarb and herb garden.  That has thrived there, and the roses we moved have done okay in the front garden, which is good. Other things moved forward or along, or were split up to cover some empty spaces.

When my parents in law came to stay, the first round of trimming and taking out happened – a feat repeated when my sister visited – are you sensing  a theme here?? Even our neighbour has been in on the act, removing an aging hedge between our properties, and then replanting the border. It has meant a reduction in privacy for them, but the long-term gain in better view and healthier plants will be well worth it. Our girls are rather pleased as they adore playing with their (older) girls.  Now it’s easier access. And I’m discovering it’s rather easy to pop through the garden for a cup of tea too 🙂

The weekend after the garden got replanted we also got given a huge load of mulch, so had to race out and get plants for along the driveway which we had denuded of old, ugly shrubs, falling down trees, and ancient stumps.  Looks sooo much better now.

There is heaps more to do – the veggie patch is underway but needs a huge amount more done, including finishing the boxes, and doing something about the greenhouse which blew down in the massive gale we had a few months ago. With winter approaching, there’s a lack of urgency, but it’d be great to have it all ready to go in the spring – and I’m looking forward to having the paths down so that we have less weeding and upkeep to do!

I’ll post more pictures later when we make some more changes – I’m terrible at remembering progress pictures, so often I forget ‘before’ pictures, so these will have to suffice for now!

FO: Brambles Beret

After a bit of a delay at the final hurdle, I’ve finally finished knitting, blocking AND sewing in the ends of this beautiful beret. A  darning needle was the missing piece in the puzzle, and in the end I gave in and bought a new one – I still hope to find my old favourite faithful one somewhere yet!

Anyway, enough about my domestic dramas – onto the hat… Isn’t it lovely?  This is the lovely Brambles Beret which is a free pattern available on Knitty.com.  The hat comes in three sizes, and not content to knit one of the ones available, I combined the medium band with the large body.  It was an idea blatantly copied from another Raveler’s project, along with the idea of starting the seed stitch at the cast on rather than where the body begins. I think it makes for a cute alteration, and the flow from the rib to the cables works well too.

This yarn is from my lovely magic yarn ball from Olive&Emma yarns.  I had thought I’d only get one project out of it, but I got two… The second is a sample for a new cowl pattern, but you’ll just have to wait to see that one. I need to get the pattern written up properly and onto testing before you can see it properly.


May 2012
S M T W T F S
« Apr    
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Blog Stats

  • 341,921 hits