After a bit of a delay at the final hurdle, I’ve finally finished knitting, blocking AND sewing in the ends of this beautiful beret. A darning needle was the missing piece in the puzzle, and in the end I gave in and bought a new one – I still hope to find my old favourite faithful one somewhere yet!
Anyway, enough about my domestic dramas – onto the hat… Isn’t it lovely? This is the lovely Brambles Beret which is a free pattern available on Knitty.com. The hat comes in three sizes, and not content to knit one of the ones available, I combined the medium band with the large body. It was an idea blatantly copied from another Raveler’s project, along with the idea of starting the seed stitch at the cast on rather than where the body begins. I think it makes for a cute alteration, and the flow from the rib to the cables works well too.
This yarn is from my lovely magic yarn ball from Olive&Emma yarns. I had thought I’d only get one project out of it, but I got two… The second is a sample for a new cowl pattern, but you’ll just have to wait to see that one. I need to get the pattern written up properly and onto testing before you can see it properly.