Yay I made it. Yep, I managed to post every day in October. It was fun, thanks so much for participating – I promise to stop clogging up your blog reader so much this month. I really appreciated all of the comments that you left, seeing some new commenters pop up, and I appreciated your participation in my giveaways.
Now, speaking of giveaways, I promised to draw the Kiwiana Giveaway this evening. So, drumroll, the winner of this package is…
I’ll pop you an email 🙂
Speaking of winners, my IRL, knitting and blogging friend Hannah has nominated me for a new blogging award: the Gorgeous Blogger award.
Sweet, eh! Now, in order to accept this wee award, I have to tell you some little known facts about me, and to pass the award onto some others.
So, here we go…
1. My DH is a vegetarian and the rest of us aren’t, so I am increasingly having to balance out the different needs/tastes/demands of him versus the rest of the family. Just call me the resident dietician.
2. I am officially a SAHM now. Yep, I handed in my resignation from my job in September. Before that I was on maternity leave. Eeek, you lot are stuck with me now!
3. I have a huge exam on Thursday, and when I am finished, my study will be over for the year – in fact I will have finished my (current) qualification – a Post Graduate Dipolma of Arts (English)
4. I am trying to decide whether I should start my Masters next year. Eep.
5. Nearly nine years ago I moved to a city that I had only visited once (about 12 years before) where I knew not one single person, for a job. The same job I resigned from recently. Yep, it worked out fine.
6. Dh and I met at work 😉
There, some not-so-widely known Shortly-trivia.
Now, to nominate some gorgeous friends 🙂
I’d love to pass this award on to Gemma, who has been on the Blogtoberquest too – she’s another crafty knitter, but I really want to nominate her for the spirit with which she has been blogging through her job hunt and all the emotions this has brought up.
To Virginia, who is one busy New Yorker: worker, mother, knitter, I love seeing the architecture that catches her eye as she goes about her days. (Yes, I am jealous, okay!)
To Mazzy, I always enjoy reading about her girls’ exploits – the good and the bad 🙂
My lovely friend Lisa, who blogs with such feeling and honesty about her life, her gorgeous girls and lovely hubby, and life over the ditch.
To Katrina who always seems to have a million projects on the go, despite the calls of job and family.
And finally to Kate, read about her adopted kitty and you’ll know what a huge heart she has.